How it works
This treatment uses light emitting diodes to stimulate the skin without heating it.
Its uses and effects vary depending on the colour or the wavelength of the light used.
This technique has been developed thanks to space exploration; NASA used LED to improve the healing of wounds for astronauts under zero gravity.
Treatment sessions are short, completely painless, with no side-effects or need for reclusive convalescence.
Photomodulation can be used to treat stretch-marks, wrinkles, skin blemishes and reddening, improve complexion or stimulate hair re-growth. It can also be used to accelerate the healing of wounds, treat acne and psoriasis, vitiligo or herpes.
- Light therapy stimulates the elasticity of the skin without aggression.
- The treatment is more effective on recent stretch-marks that still show signs of reddening, these can be almost totally erased, it can also have a marked positive effect on older whitened stretch-marks.
- The effects can be seen as early as after the second treatment session, although 3-5 sessions will be required for the effect to last.
Wrinkles, fine lines and crow’s feet:
- LED light emission stimulates the production of collagen thus smoothing out wrinkled and improving the texture of the skin. It encourages natural cellular regeneration through the effects of the photons emitted by the LED.
- The result is a visible tightening of facial skin.
Rejuvenation and brightening:
- Light therapy is often combined with microdermabrasion, peeling or fractioned laser treatments to stimulate the fibroblasts and rejuvenate the skin (wrinkles, pores, blemishes, etc.).
- Monochromatic cold light densifies and stimulates hair regrowth.
- Hair follicles are stimulated by the photons and hair becomes thicker and stronger.
- It can improve regrowth after micro-transplants.
- Blue light has an effect on excess sebum and inflammation thus reducing the effects of acne.
Psoriasis, vitiligo, herpes:
- LED light stimulates the cellular metabolism by activating cell mitochondria.
Other beneficial effects
Photomodulation improves wound healing after trauma or surgery, calms pain caused by sunburn as well as having a relaxing effect.
For enquiries or to ask for a price, get in touch with us and discover our cosmetic treatment clinics in Geneva and Aix-les-Bains!